Do I need an order from my doctor?
Wisconsin law does not require a referral from a physician. Most insurances also do not require a referral from a doctor to see a therapist. When you schedule your appointment, you will be connected with an insurance specialist who can provide you with more information. You can also ask your insurance carrier from the member’s phone number on your card.
If I am referred to a different therapy clinic, can I still choose PT Plus?
- Yes – you always have a choice in your healthcare. It is important to choose a clinic that is convenient to your home or work. This will improve your ability to attend your therapy sessions which will improve your outcomes.
- Finding a therapist that meets your individualized needs is paramount for your personal success on your road to recovery.
Will my insurance cover therapy?
- PT Plus Management is in network with most payers in southeastern Wisconsin.
- You can call your insurance carrier from the member’s phone number on your card for details regarding your coverage.
- We also offer a competitive self-payment rate for those who may be out of network or do not want to go through insurance.
What does deductible, copayment and coinsurance mean?
- A deductible is the annual amount that must be paid by you. After it is met, you may be eligible for cost sharing with your insurance company.
- A copayment is the amount you pay per visit after the deductible is met. PT Plus collects co-payment at the time of service.
- Co-insurance is a percentage of allowable charges that you are responsible for per visit. PT Plus collects an estimate of these fees at the time of service.
- You will be provided an individualized estimate of your expected costs at the onset of your care. It is your responsibility to confirm your coverage with your insurance company.
What should I bring?
- Complete Intake form that was emailed/texted to you prior to your appointment. Or, you can print the intake form from our Resources and bring it completed.
- Driver’s license
- Updated insurance card
- Any additional imaging (X-rays, MRIs), test results or medical forms you would like your therapist to see.
What should I wear?
- Comfortable clothes that allow you to move without restriction
- Some shorts are available in the clinics, but you may want to bring your own shorts if treatment is focused to your legs.
- Supportive shoes
- When in doubt, ask your therapist.
Do you provide Telehealth services?
- Yes! We provide telehealth services to residents of Wisconsin.
- More and more insurance companies are starting to cover telehealth. We also offer a competitive self-payment rate for those who may be out of network or do not want to go through insurance.
How long are the sessions?
Sessions are typically 45 minutes long. Any changes in session length will be discussed between you and your therapist throughout your plan of care based on your individual needs, progress and insurance regulations.
What if I need to cancel or reschedule my appointment?
Consistent attendance is important to meeting your goals of therapy. We realize there are times when unforeseen circumstances make it impossible to attend your scheduled appointment. We kindly ask you for a 24 hour notice for cancelling and rescheduling appointments. Following two “no call/no show/late cancel” appointments, based on the decision of your therapist, you will either be:
- Charged $50.00 per no show prior to being rescheduled, or
- Discharged from physical therapy